Monday, September 10, 2007

Coming up on my 4th week

Well this Friday will be the 4th week anniversary of my Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. I gotta say I feel better each day. I've been going out a few places recently.. out to dinner and then to Sears once to look at dishwashers (mine went kaput while I was in the hospital and DH doesn't like to do it the old-fashioned way and I simply haven't got the stamina for it right now... so it's paper plates and plastic utensils for awhile). Anyway, I found myself getting really tired in Sears and there was NO chairs nearby.. so I wandered over to the patio furniture and sat down on one of their (uncomfortable) lounge chairs. But I needed to sit.. right them. I was literally wiped out. SO we came home and I laid down for about an hour. Then yesterday, we went to a Chinese buffet and I felt OK.. didn't over-do it, but there's lots of wandering around to see what they've put out, you know. Anyway, when I got home, I had to lie down again... for about an hour again. My body is letting me know to take it easy, I guess. I did dust off my treadmill and have been trying to build up my stamina a little starting today. I can do little increments it seems. There's a little "track" that it counts down on and you lap it 4x and that's a mile. Well, I could only do 1/2 of ONE lap and very slowly (like 1.6 mph) so I'm not near where I used to be on that. But I did find myself holding onto the rails more and getting winded. I'll work each day a few times to do my little 1/8 of a mile trek.

What else...?

I'm SO ITCHY where I'm healing compounded with being in the hot, humid south where you sit and sweat all day.. so that doesn't make it any easier. But I've found rubbing Vaseline on myself there helps keep the moisture out and I don't have as many problems.

I've heard/read a lot about women having malodorous discharge and passing some blood (supposedly b/c the internal stitches are dissolving?) but I haven't had any of that. It's been business as usual and I seem to be fine. Nothing out of the ordinary (knock on wood).

The only thing I think that is remarkable is that my stamina is so low and I get really tired REALLY quickly. I take lots of naps and I seem to feel better doing that. I was warned this would happen, but I didn't believe that I would be THIS tired. LOL. Boy was I wrong!

Anyway, that's the update. I have my 4 wk follow-up on Sept 19th. I'll update more then.

No comments: