Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Up and Down

That's kind of how I am. I'm sore now... from the actual incision and I'm guessing internal bruising from the internal stitches? But it's nothing major. The gas pains were worse IMHO. I can't stress it enough -- GAS-X is your friend! ;)

Had a little insomnia last night. Didn't fall asleep until after 5AM. Then my DH woke me up to kiss me goodbye before heading to work at 8AM.. then I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally went back to sleep around 10AM and slept til a little past noon. I hope my sleep cycles don't stay whacked out. I hate being wide awake in the house in the middle of the night... and everyone else is asleep -- even my doggies! LOL! And I'm sleeping in the guest room so I only have regular channels on the TV in there (antennae) whereas I have directTV on the TV in the master bedroom. Man, I wanna get back in there. Maybe this weekend -- but the bed is higher off the ground and further away from the bathroom. LOL. We'll see how I feel.

Other than a little soreness (and I'm wearing those Spanx panties which give a lot of support.. and feel pretty good I gotta say) I'm doing OK. I haven't had a pain pill since last Friday (Aug 24) and teh only reason I took that one was because I was getting my staples out that day and I'd heard horror stories about the pain. It wsn't painful.. just a little sting. I didn't even need the pain tablet.

I'll keep posting... altho it may be sporadic if I don't really have any major news to share. So far this has been a not-so-bad thing. I was expecting much, much worse. I hope my entries are helpful to women who are about to have this type of procedure done -- and I hope it alleviates some of the anxiety and fear that go with it.

No comments: