Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Update

I'm going to keep my blog here and hope that women who need help and reassurance will find some peace in my posts and my recovery. That is -- and has always been -- my number one intention and hope.

So for those of you visiting my page, please keep reading and keep writing and asking anything. I'm only 5 days post-op, but I'll be happy to help you with anything I can!


As for how I'm doing.

I'm not really in too much pain. Gas pains have pretty much passed. Very tolerable levels there. I'm able to lie on my side (I sleep on my side, so that's a major plus). I have my appetite back and am loving ice cream (Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked is my fave since coming home) - I get the little pints and it lasts me about 2 days.

I had a BM -- sort of diarrheal I guess you'd say, but I was told to expect that from all the gases and anesthesia, etc. But I only took one stool softener b/c they gave it to me in the hospital so I'm happy about that.

All my body functions are working properly. And I'm still doing my breathing treatment things b/c I need to stretch out my lungs out. I did notice now that I'm sleeping all night, I do wake up and have to cough a little to clear my lungs. That's to be expected I suppose.

Belly is still swollen, but doesn't hurt. The only way I can describe the pain I'd say is it feels like you have a full bladder many times when you straighten up out of a sitting position or lying position. But I usually go ahead and go to the bathroom and even if its just a trickle, it relieves what I perceive as any sort of pressure. walking around helps a lot. I'm slow-going, but I do move around. And it makes me feel better too.

That's the update for today. As always, feel free to email me or comment. Hope I've helped someone.

No comments: