Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yay - going into my second week post-op!

I'm so thrilled as today marks the beginning of my second week on the recovery wagon. YAY! I feel pretty good. The painful constipation/gas/b.m. thing that had plagued me for the past couple of days has gone. So I'm feeling a lot better. I was able to sleep a little on my side last nite which is a major plus since I LOVE sleeping on my side. So far, I've only been able to actually sleep on my back and that's never been my favorite position to sleep in, so I wake up a lot and want to move. But then I realize I can't move and that sucks. Taking lots of showers -- the doc said that was perfectly OK -- just no "baths". No problemo. The steri-strips they put on me after they removed the staples on Fri AM came unstuck and fell off, but that's okay too because I'm not having any problems there. I have managed to get a heat rash since it's the middle of August and I'm in Louisiana... sigh. So I've been putting Vaseline on those areas (upper thighs and outer vaginal area) not fun. I also got a yeast infection from one of the antibiotics they gave me when I left the hospital. The drug was Levaquin 500mg and I had a horrible reaction to it -- my mouth felt like it was burned/scalded and they told me to stop taking it. But the drug isd like Keflex [which I can take, ironically] but it always gives me a yeast infection. JOY!) Anyway, the doc called me in a Rx and I'll have DH pick it up tomorrow. Maybe that'll give me a little relief from that. Otherwise, it's all business as usual. Everything is working fine... just minor discomfort from a lot of side-effects -- not really the surgery itself. Hope it stays that way!

Thanks for reading! As always comments and emails are always welcome if I can help.

No comments: