Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Third Day Home

So today is my third day home. Not doing bad at all. I stopped taking my Lortabs yesterday afternoon. I'm not a big fan of drugs, and I figure I should probably only use those if I really was in pain. Which I'm not. Not in enough pain to use a narcotic anyway. Today I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol.

Had to take a stool softener today. I know.. too much information, but I figured I might as well spill all the beans about this surgery and recovery, right? This is one of the things someone who has a hysterectomy will undoubtedly have to deal with. I had reall bad gas pains and loose stool yesterday -- one of those times you dread going to the bathroom because you know your toes are going to curl but not in a good way? Yeah.. it was kind of painful as the gas pains moved thru the intestines. Had very little payoff as well in the actual toilet. Today I woke up feeling like I really needed to go, but unfortunately couldn't. Took a stool softener and a couple hours later, I was able to get relief. SO now I"m feeling pretty good.

I also have high blood pressure... my BP usually runs about 173/96 on average. Since going in the hospital, they took me off my BP meds and my my BP has been running on average 126/72. Took it a few minutes ago when I had a little pain and thought it would be elevated... and it was 128/76. Wouldn't that be great if my uterus was the sole cause of my high blood pressure? I know I was in constant pain with it. We'll see...

I get my staples out on Friday. I can hardly wait!! My belly is still swollen, but it seems to be going down each day. I tell ya, I drink enough water to flush everything out of there, so this is simply swollen tissues that will go down as I heal.

Thanks for reading. I hope I'm helping with these updates!
As always feel frfee to comment or email me if you have any questions.
HUGS!

No comments: